I preach about taking self care days all the time, but I’ve never stopped to check and see if you guys even knew what a self care day was.
Don’t worry, of course I’m going to explain.
In the simplest form, this is literally a day that you use to take care of yourself.
Sometimes we’re so busy going about our life and we don’t actually get a chance to stop and breathe. This is what self care days are for.
If you have to turn your phone on airplane mode, lock yourself up in the house, or just block out the world all together, by all mean do that. Its not being selfish, its taking care of yourself. Because if you don’t, who will?
Okay, now for the fun part.
I know you’re probably wondering, what kind of things can you do on this “self care” day. Well I’ll give you a list of things to do.
- Meditate/ Yoga (my fav)
- Treat yourself to a massage
- clean up around the house
- write in a journal
- go and catch a movie by yourself or cuddle up in the bed and watch a series on Netflix
- Try a recipe you’ve been wanting to try.
- Take a walk in the park
- Do a face mask (my second fav, it leaves you feeling so refreshed)
- Take yourself on a date.
- Lastly, have you a cup of tea 🙂
Believe it or not, days like this really helps to change your mindset. Once your nourish your mind, body, and spirit, things just start to make sense.